Softform Odstock is designed with great features to help improve posture mostly in people with back discomfort. Designed with the help of clinicians, the Invacare Softform Odstock Wedge is well-positioned to help reduce pressure on the sacrum and heels without significantly increasing pressure on the thighs or calves. It is designed to improve and maintain the position of the patient in the lying position and to reduce the tendency for the user to slip down the bed, thus reducing shearing forces on the sacrum.
Clinical research has shown that there is a relatively small degree of knee flexion needed to achieve significant amounts of pressure relief. The Invacare Softform Odstock Wedge was designed by clinicians to reduce pressure on the heels through flexing the knee and hip and elevating the knee. More so, the Invacare Softform Odstock Wedge reduces lumbar lordosis By tilting the pelvis. The Odstock Wedge also reduces lumbar lordosis – ideal for improving the sleeping posture of patients with back problems.
Softform Odstock Wedge also features a high-quality construction. This is evident in the two way stretch cover, which is waterproof and vapour permeable. The foam core is constructed from, high-density foam, all to make it function at its best.
Key features include:
- High frequency welded seams: This ensures the core is protected from fluid ingress, increasing product genuity.
- Flexible: It can be used together with the Invacare Heelpad. These two products combined reduce pressure on the vulnerable heel area.
- Elegant design: It is built with high standard features – comes with a two-way stretch cover that waterproof and vapour permeable. It also features a foam core that is constructed from high-density foam.
- Reduces pressure: Designed by clinicians to reduce pressure on the heels through flexing the knee and hip and elevating the knee.
- Reduces lumbar lordosis: By tilting the pelvis, the Odstock Wedge also reduces lumbar lordosis – desirable following back surgery and ideal for improving the sleeping posture of patients with back problems.
- Durable: It last quite long as it is made with good quality materials.