The Matrx Flo-tech Solution Xtra is a unique cushion and modular system designed by Invacare alongside clinicians to address complex seating needs. Using the modular system enhances optimal functionality and comfort. It is an ideal cushion for pressure reduction, active correction, and management of posture.
The Invacare Matrx Flo-tech Solution Xtra modular components are made from high-density CMHR foam. This helps to achieve active correction and posture management. The application of wedges beneath the cushion, combined with the deployment of modular components on the top surface delivers a highly versatile range of options for therapists seeking to achieve specific postural management interventions.
Another added benefit of the Matrx Flo-tech Solution Xtra cushion the large dual fluid sac. It covers the entire top surface of the cushion. This protects the contact area between the user and the foam cushion, as the fluid re-distributes pressure away from bony prominences. The additional layer of fluid is incorporated under the ischial and sacral area to enhance its pressure reducing qualities. Thus, making it suitable for Very High-Risk users.
Key features include:
- Cover Design: It comes with an ingress-resistant cover, which inhibits fluids from wetting the cover fabric.
- Ultra-freshTM added to all Matrx Flo-tech cushions for antimicrobial and odour protection: This helps to make it resistant to the growth of odour causing bacteria.
- Fluid Pack: This can be inserted into the ischial where required and can be doubled for specific placing.
- Pommel – Standard or Deep: It comes with a pommel that can be placed on the front of the cushion to increase the existing pommel height to help femoral alignment.
- Front Wedge: Helps assist with pelvic stability and accommodates posterior tilt while reducing anterior tilt.
- Rigidisers: Helps to maintain a firm base on slung canvases to maximise the components functionality.